The 11th Annual Great Kennebec River Boat Parade
TBA @ Waterfront Park
All vessels including commercial, fishing, pleasure and personal watercraft are welcome to enter. Dress you and your vessel patriotically, make festive noise and show the spectators the spirit of this celebration of Independence Day and Maine’s Maritime Heritage. Then check out the bands and the carnival and stick around for the fireworks!
- Entry in the boat parade is free.
- You can pre-register anytime by phone or text at 207-841-1444, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide: Name of Captain, Port of Hail, Phone Number and Email Address.
- Vessels that have not pre-registered can do so between 2:00 – 3:30pm the day of the parade at the Waterfront Park Dock.
- Parade Participants will gather just north of the Kennebec Tavern and Marina (at the area known as the Coal Pocket) between 3:00 and 4:00pm. The parade will start promptly at 4pm. Parade correspondence, instructions and award announcements will be broadcast via VHF Channel 68.
- Maximum Height for Sagadahoc Bridge clearance is 72′
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Best Decorated Vessel
- Best Classic/Antique Vessel (1970’s and older)
- Parade awards ceremony will be at the Waterfront Stage immediately following the parade.
FMI contact parade Grand Marshall Captain Dave Pecci, 207-841-1444 or email email@example.com